If you do not have the opportunity or the desire to load with a classic combination of potatoes and mince, we offer a vegan alternative – lean moussaka.
500 g eggplants
120 g of cheese
500 ml of milk
60 g butter
1 tablespoon flour
Salt and pepper – to taste
Oil or butter
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Wash the courgettes and eggplants well, then cut into circles about 5 mm thick.
2. Put baking paper in a tray and then sprinkle some oil on it. Arrange half the circles of courgettes and aubergines so that they slightly overlap with each other.
3. Sprinkle with a little salt, pepper and finely chopped fresh spices at will and then arrange a number of tomatoes, cut into circles.
4. Make the bechamel sauce – the in a deep saucepan, then add the and fry for 2-3. Remove the dish from the fire and slowly add the milk with a constant stirring so that no lumps appear. Return the pot to the fire and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Finally, add some salt and pepper.
5. Pour the sauce over the tomato layer and spread half of the cheese to it. Arrange the other half of the courgettes and aubergines on top and spread the rest of the cheese.
6. Bake in a heated oven for about 50-60 minutes. Serve the lean mousaka while it is still hot.