Homemade ham is not difficult to cook, though it is not fast. The result is a completely natural product with great taste! In return for the time, you will spend to make homemade ham you will get aromatic meat without any harmful preservatives and stabilizers.
1.5 kg. pork loin
1 liter of water
1 piece. dry chili/or hot pepper
Method of preparation:
1. Prepare the brine first. In the water add salt and spices, stir well, cook for half a minute and turn off the hot plate.
2. Once the brine has cooled, take a regular syringe and use it to “fill” the meat on all sides at different depths and as much as possible. The taste of the future ham depends on it. Part of the brine will stay anyway.
3. Then place the fillet in a bowl and fill it with the rest of the marinade, then cover the meat with a plate and squeeze it with weight.
4. Put the dish with the fillet covered in the refrigerator for 3 days. To make marinade well and to get the same color, we turn it into the container every day.
5. At the end of this stage, pork ham is good to bind on a rope or at least to wrap it tightly with a transparent foil.
6. Now is the last and very important moment – to catch the meat. Here is a small trick – the meat can not be cooked in boiling water, otherwise the ham will be boiled.
7. In the pot where we prepare the ham, pour water and heat it to 85 ° C. It is convenient to measure the temperature using a special thermometer. If you do not have one, you can look at the following features: a little steam appears above the water, and small bubbles begin to form on the bottom of the pot.
8. Put the ham in a hot water saucepan and cook for 2-2.5 hours on low heat by periodically adding cold water to the pot and thus keeping the water temperature within 80 ° C. The cooking time depends on the size of the ham: if it is rather wide, then it is better to cook for 2.5 hours if there is an elongated cylindrical shape, then you can do it for 2 hours.
9. After the end of cooking, we remove the ham and water it with cold water, then, after cooling, put it in the fridge for the night or for a few hours.
Thanks to this technology, homemade ham becomes tender, juicy, natural and almost indistinguishable from the taste.